Welcome to lvlDown! The goal of the game is to reach the deepest level of the world and defeat the final boss. Along the way you'll need to gather followers who grant you bonuses, and also gather resources to use for crafting items that will give you an edge in battle.
Enemies move whenever you move. So plan out your steps carefully. Also you can't use items or attack while in water...but neither can enemies, so be sure to use that to your advantage.
- Movement: W/S/A/D or ARROWS
- Use Item/Attack: LEFT MOUSE
- Drop/Place Item: RIGHT MOUSE
- View Detailed Info: MIDDLE MOUSE/SHIFT
- Enter/Exit Level: E
- Swap Inventory Items: RIGHT MOUSE
- View Undug Plots: SPACE
- Inventory Hotkey: I
- Crafting Hotkey: C
- Pause Game: ESC
This game is very much a work in progress, but it can be played from start to finish in it's current state. The number of levels in the game have been reduced from what I intend to have down the road, simply to provide a taste and proof of concept of the overall game.
Some notes on the current build:
- expect there to be plenty of bugs
- art is still in progress
- there's a low chance of having a bad start location where you can't move on the first level. just restart the game to generate a new world seed.
- there are no sound effects -- just music/ambiance
- gameplay tuning is ongoing (probably forever)
Please feel free to use the discussion board to let me know about any bugs, gameplay feedback, or questions that you may have. I'm very open to all input, so please don't hesitate to drop a note.
You can also join the Puddledock Discord server to join in lvlDown discussions with the rest of the community, and report bugs there if you prefer.
If you'd like to support development of lvlDown as well as future Puddledock projects, please consider joining our Patreon.